Current Senior Wellness Programming:
Generation Xchange Omaha: Make a lasting difference in a child’s life as a senior mentor in Omaha’s public schools grades K-3. You’ll not only help students improve learning habits and get the most out of the classroom, you’ll also build new friendships and improve mental and physical health outcomes. This is a paid mentorship program.
- Contact: Cat Pitman, Senior Wellness Coordinator | (402) 453-5656 ext. 230
Walk With Ease: Walking program developed by The Arthritis Foundation designed to reduce the pain and discomfort of arthritis, increase balance, strength, and walking pace. It has also proven to build confidence in the ability to be physically active and to improve overall health. Transportation to Florence Community Center is available.
- When: Begins July 11, 2022. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:00-10:00am at Florence Community Center. See flyer HERE
Bingocize® (Exercise + Bingo + Trivia): Improve your balance, upper/lower body strength and flexibility while engaging with other seniors, enjoying a game of bingo, and learning about fall prevention and senior nutrition. Taught by a certified Bingocize instructor. Transportation to ENCAP is available. Must be 60 + and receive a Senior Fitness Test at ENCAP.
When: Session begins in the Fall of 2022. Call Cat Pitman to sign up.
ENCAP Garden: Come visit the garden and check out the beautiful vegetables growing.
- When: Monday- Friday, anytime
Sewing/Craft Group: Come join other seniors as they work on sewing and craft projects for needs in the local community. Transportation to ENCAP is available.
- When: Every Tuesday and Thursday starting at 10AM.
Cyber Seniors Cell Phone Training: Bring your devices, ask any questions you might have and receive help from other older adults/seniors. Transportation to Do Space (on 72nd & Dodge) is available.
- When: Last Wednesday of Every Month from 9:00-12:00 at Do Space
If you’re interested, or know a senior age 60 + that might be interested, please contact:
Cat Pitman, Senior Wellness Coordinator
(402) 453-5656 ext. 230
IMPROVE HEALTH AND ACCESS TO HEALTHY FOOD:
- Senior Pantry OMAHA: Drive-up Tuesday & Thursdays from 9AM – 2PM at 2406 Fowler Avenue.
- Bellevue Food Pantry: Emergency food support – Tuesday & Thursday 9AM - 4PM; Wednesday 9AM - 7PM; First and third Saturdays 9AM-NOON at 1908 Hancock Street in Bellevue.
- Monthly Food Distribution: Delivery of USDA commodities to income eligible seniors (monthly incomes of $1,383 or less).