We know that life can be unpredictable.
ENCAP is here to help you get your back on your feet.
- Emergency rent assistance;
- Emergency utility assistance;
- Flood relief assistance;
- SNAP application assistance;
- Ongoing support services to help you reach your goals; and
- Connection to additional community resources.
Call the ENCAP Helpline: (402) 453-5656 ext. 223
Please leave a message with your full name and phone number. We will call you back in the order that your call was received. Leaving multiple messages does not move you up in the queue for a call back. ENCAP does have staff bilingual in both English and Spanish. If you need to speak with a bilingual support services team member – please indicate that in your message.
Additional Community Resources:
1. Utility Assistance:
o MUD Energy Assistance Program
o COVID AID RELIEF FUND Program
Through its Coronavirus Aid Relief Fund allocation under the CARES Act, Douglas County has allocated a portion of those funds to provide utility assistance to Douglas County customers of Metropolitan Utilities District and Omaha Public Power District who are struggling to afford their bills as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Customers may be eligible to receive funds that are applied directly to their utility bill.
2. Rent Assistance:
o Together Omaha
- Together Omaha Crisis line: (402) 763-7531
- Phone Hours: Monday – Thursday 9AM – 4PM, Friday 9AM – 2PM