Skip to main content

Frequent Questions

Frequent Questions

Q: What does ENCAP stand for?

A: Eastern Nebraska Community Action Partnership. In July 2007, Greater Omaha Community Action (GOCA) changed its name to align with the brand of the National Community Action Partnership and to recognize its service to both Douglas and Sarpy Counties.

Q: Is ENCAP a chapter within a national organization?

A: No, ENCAP is a private, non-profit organization. We are a member of a national network of 1,100 Community Action Agencies Fighting poverty at the local level.

Q: How is ENCAP funded?

A: ENCAP is supported by funding from the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), local foundations, and private donations. CSBG provides core funding to Community Action Agencies to reduce poverty, revitalize low-income communities, and to empower low-income families to become self-sufficient.

Q: Is ENCAP a non-profit?

A: Yes, ENCAP is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.

Q: Are donations to ENCAP tax – deductible?

A: Yes

Q: How do clients receive services?

A: ENCAP provides services in a number of ways to people seeking help. Although the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our ability to provide in-person services, we have adapted what we do in order to continue serving the communities that need our support.

Q: Where can I go for help from ENCAP?*

  • Douglas County Office: 2406 Fowler Avenue | Omaha, NE 68111 | (402) 453-5656
  • Sarpy County Office: 1908 Hancock Street | Bellevue, NE 68005 | (402) 292-2961
  • Helpline: (402) 453-5656 x 223
                    Please leave a message with your name and phone number.
    Your call will be returned in the order it was received. 

* Due to the current health crisis, ENCAP lobby's are not open to the public. Please give us a call.