CURRENT: Due to COVID-19, all in-person senior activities are currently paused. ENCAP is still providing drive-up pantry services Tuesdays and Thursday 9AM – 2PM, and commodity food distribution / delivery. For questions, or more information please contact (WHO), at (phone number and e-mail here). Please check back for updates.
ENCAP’s Senior Wellbeing Services provide supports to older adults (60+) to reduce feelings of isolation, and improve health as a result of increased access to nutritious food. Below are some of the ways that ENCAP can help:
- Monthly Senior Breakfasts: includes a group meal with other local seniors and a guest speaker or seasonal event / theme (no cost to participants).
- Social Activities (cards, bingo, music etc.)
- Craft Center: ENCAP houses a craft / activity room for seniors on Tuesdays and Thursdays to sew, or work on craft projects together (self-guided).
- Group Exercise Classes (led by our partners at UNO).
IMPROVE HEALTH AND ACCESS TO HEALTHY FOOD:
- Senior Pantry OMAHA: Drive-up Tuesday & Thursdays from 9AM – 2PM at 2406 Fowler Avenue.
- Bellevue Food Pantry: Emergency food support – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9AM – 12:00 noon, & 1PM – 4PM at 1908 Hancock Street in Bellevue.
- Monthly Food Distribution: Delivery of USDA commodities to income eligible seniors (monthly incomes of $1,383 or less).
- Clinic Events: Blood Pressure Checks & Flu Shots
- Group Exercise Classes: Including chair yoga and movement & balance exercises.
- Cooking Classes (via Whispering Roots) such as Cooking on a Budget & Cooking for Diabetes
- Community Outdoor Garden: ENCAP has 16 garden plots, and encourages anyone who is interested to plant and tend to their garden plot throughout the growing season.
- Hydroponic Indoor Garden: An opportunity for seniors to work together to tend to plants, and grow their own produce indoors.