Current Senior Wellness Programming:
Bingocize® (Exercise + Bingo + Trivia): Improve your balance, upper/lower body strength and flexibility while engaging with other seniors, enjoying a game of bingo, and learning about fall prevention and senior nutrition. Taught by a certified Bingocize instructor. Transportation to ENCAP is available. Must be 60 + and receive a Senior Fitness Test at ENCAP.
When: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30-11:30 am.
- ENCAP Garden: Come visit the garden and check out the beautiful vegetables growing. Join us in September for a cooking class to learn how to cook with all the vegetables we are growing. Transportation to ENCAP is available.
- When: Monday- Friday, anytime
- Sewing/Craft Group: Come join other seniors as they work on sewing and craft projects for needs in the local community. Transportation to ENCAP is available.
- When: Every Tuesday and Thursday starting at 10AM.
- Cyber Seniors Cell Phone Training: Bring your devices, ask any questions you might have and receive help from other older adults/seniors. Transportation to Do Space (on 72nd & Dodge) is available.
- When: Last Wednesday of Every Month from 9:00-12:00 at Do Space
If you’re interested, or know a senior age 60 + that might be interested, please contact:
Cat Pitman, Senior Wellness Coordinator
(402) 453-5656 ext. 230
IMPROVE HEALTH AND ACCESS TO HEALTHY FOOD:
- Senior Pantry OMAHA: Drive-up Tuesday & Thursdays from 9AM – 2PM at 2406 Fowler Avenue.
- Bellevue Food Pantry: Emergency food support – Tuesday & Thursday 9AM - 4PM; Wednesday 9AM - 7PM; First and third Saturdays 9AM-NOON at 1908 Hancock Street in Bellevue.
- Monthly Food Distribution: Delivery of USDA commodities to income eligible seniors (monthly incomes of $1,383 or less).